Basic knowledge of the components of a Baitcasting Reel can help a lot in making an amateur angler to a professional one. It may seem complex at first but once you get the hang of it, it’ll help you in getting the glorious award.
Each Baitcasting reel is different from one other, with variances in quality of the line and casting accuracy. The one with the highest of these qualities will help you to catch prized fishes like largemouth bass, northern pike and even muskellunge from even the tiniest lakes, ponds or rivers.
Using a Baitcasting reel for the first time isn’t easy, but this will give you some insight:
- Measure how far your lure is, make sure that it is 6-12 inches (15 to 30 centimeters) from the rod tip and reel the line in.
- Get a good grip of the reel. Place your thumb over the reel spool rather than pressing the very flat of it on the line.
- Make sure that the reel handles point up and turn the rod accordingly
- Press on the reel spool release button
- Sway the rod about 30 degrees above a horizontal position, while doing so lift the thumb off of the reel spool
- When the bait reaches the target, press down the reel spool to stop the bait
The design of a Baitcasting rod is similar to that of a Spincasting rod. The main difference between both of them is the placement and direction of the spool. You can notice that the reel with the spool that is in line with the fishing rod is that of a Baitcasting Reel’s while spools that are perpendicular to the rod are that of a Spincasting Reel’s.
- 1 Things To Consider Before Buying Best Baitcasting Reels Under 100%
- 2 Top 10 Best Baitcasting Reels For The Money Under 100
- 3 Best Baitcasting Reels Under 100 Reviews
- 3.1 #1 Kastking Spartacus Maximus Metal Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- 3.2 #2 Shimano Caenan A, Low profile Baitcasting Freshwater fishing reel
- 3.3 #3 Abu Garcia Black Max Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- 3.4 #4 KastKing Royale Legend/Whitemax Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- 3.5 #5 KastKing Speed Demon 9:3:1 Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- 3.6 #6 Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Reel
- 3.7 #7 KastKing Stealth Baitcasting Reel
- 3.8 #8 Kastking New Assassin Carbon Baitcasting Reel
- 3.9 #9 Lews Speed Spool LFS Baitcasting Reel
- 3.10 #10 Pflueger President XT Low Profile Reel
- 4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 5 CONCLUSION
Related Post – Best GPS For Fishing Reviews
We have compiled a list of Best Baitcasting Reels which are affordable, durable and feature packed. In this article, we have covered the bases of the reels and a little insight on usage as well. There is something for everyone’s budget in this article.
Top 10 Best Baitcasting Reels For The Money Under 100
Best Baitcasting Reels Under 100 Reviews
At an affordable price of $99, this reel will give you optimum results and performance like any other high-end reel caster. The drag system in Kastking is equipped with 3 parts – normal drag setting using the rewind handle, a magnetic system and lastly a centrifugal system.
This reel has a really good finish, is pretty lightweight. This reel is so sturdy and light that it makes sure no water seeps inside and damages any components. This reel is a good choice for catching fishes like redfish and striper.
- Best Baitcaster for both beginner and experienced
- Easy to control and get a grip on while dragging
- Equipped with plenty of stopping power
- Provides smooth operation
- Equipped with a powerful aluminum spool which provides a lot of strength
- Setting up this baitcaster can take a lot of time
- This reel makes a lot of noise while being used
- So as to avoid bird nests you’ll need a lot of time and practice with this reel
The Shimano comes in a well packed green Shimano box and inside it has a lot of packing protection and has the reel diagram literature. This reel can be used with square bill crankbaits, shallow spinnerbaits, shallow castable umbrella rigs, and medium depth crankbaits and get maximum performance. The reel can be used on freshwater and saltwater also without any sacrifices in its performance.
Also, the manufacturer is one of the top brands in the market who deals in providing fishing gears and equipment.
- Drastically reduces the spool vibration with the help of Stable Spool Design
- Casting precision improved
- The reel has a low profile and compact interface leading to better usability
- Is equipped with spool management which is pretty impressive
- Has a sturdy design
- Only equipped with four ball bearings
This type of fishing reel may require a lot of skill and take up your time to learn the basics but once you’ve learned it all it is worth all the efforts as it provides good performance for the price. There are two different cast drag settings equipped with this reel, one on either side and is easily operable.
It is equipped with 8 pounds of mono line and also it can hold a ton of it. Apart from the drag systems, the tension and brake mechanisms are also easy and quick to adjust.
- This reel is affordable
- Feature packed
- Smooth running
- Efficient retrieving
- Quiet operations
- Whether you’re a beginner or an expert this reel is suitable for both
- It is pretty durable thus making it last long
- Stylish design
- This reel may be a little difficult to operate when used by novice fishers
Related Post – Best Outdoor Tanning Lotions
What makes this fishing reel stand out is its sleek low profile style in black with its chrome features and red inlay. You also get a nice carrying case and its material is similar to that of wetsuits so you can keep your reel covered when not in use. A full set of instructions also included in the pack which shows all of the moving parts and components of this reel.
The manufacturer also gives you a $10 voucher with this pack and you can use this offer on your next purchase. Finally, this reel comes with 3 drag options for you to tune in your casts so as to avoid any backlash and bird nesting in your line.
- Gives a much more premium feel for the price
- Can be used in saltwater also without compromising the performance
- Improved cold water performance
- Durable and lightweight
- Nothing significant
The KastKing Speed Demon 9:3:1 offers much more than the price tag. The price of $69 is much less than other alternatives that the market offers. This reel has an amazing casting distance and has delivered amazing cast bombs also. Lightweight lures can also be handled without any problems with this reel. Many weightless soft plastics can be managed without the hassle. During spooling you’ll be able to notice how smoothly and compactly the line sits on the spool and also that no lumps or bumps can be found and both ends of the spool are evenly covered with the line.
At a cheap price, this baitcasting reel looks are a bomb on this reel. It has a matte black finish which is resistant towards boat rash and hooks scratches. Even higher-end look is given by the red accents which make the reel’s look pop out more.
- It has a blazing fast speed of about 35 inches per crank of the handle
- Very affordable and has features which are worth much more of the price
- Looks and feels premium.
- Very easy to operate
- Is light and perfectly fits your palms
- Users have reported a noise that comes out of the reel while in use although it’s not much of a bother
- It’s not saltwater rated
Torrent has an 18 pound Max Drag and is known as “Serious Business” according to the manufacturer Piscifun. Torrent has a bigger gear than other alternatives in the market and it’s a gear ratio of 7:1:1 which is faster than usual average letting you capture lures which have a fast movement. Compared to any average reels available in the market, Torrent’s gear is bigger, stronger and more reinforced main gear. The body is completely made of Graphite Composite Body.
- Stronger and Sturdier
- Water resistant
- Powerful – easy to handle big fishes with the help of advanced 3 washer
- Unique side plate oil port for prolonged maintenance
- Piece aced in all respects hence making no room for improvement
Related Post – Best Yeti Coolers Reviews
Stealth is used using the same braking system as the Royale Legend, despite it, this reel uses a different frame and outer shell. This super lightweight reel weight at 5.98 ounces and the handle is also made of carbon fiber making it light and super strong. Unlike its alternatives, this reel might not be that great in the look department but it’s great as per the performance. This reel also feels great when you are holding it in your arms with its snug fit and easy grip hold.
- Easy to operate
- Powerful Drag system
- Stainless steel gears
- Incredible handle
- Much better than the old system
- Two distinct brake systems
- Optimum features – lightweight and durable
- Users have experienced a few backlashes
- Can take a fair amount of efforts to tame the spool
This reel weighs in at around 5.7 ounces that’s almost 2 ounces less than the Shimano Curado which weighs in at 7.6 ounces and 2.2 ounces less than Abu Garcia Revo, which weighs at around 7.9 ounces. Ounces, when held for a long time, can cause a huge difference at the end of the day making you pretty exhausted, that’s why 1-2 ounces extra or less does really make a difference. The reel has a dual braking system using two distinct systems to allow fine-tuning of spool’s speed and handling of casts.
- Very lightweight
- Super smooth
- Stylish design
- Brake system is better than the old ones
- Great handle
- Can take a little time to get used to
- May get backlashes while using the reel
The speed spool LFS has an aluminum frame and handle and has a smooth spool operation with adjustable settings making it worth the money you have spent. It has a snug fit in your palms as it is pretty compact and small and has a great grip for you to hold on so that you can fish all day every day. The reel is very light and comes with a wider spool that holds 150 yards of 12-pound line. The reel also has easy adjustments and with just slight adjustment it can cast really well.
- Smaller form factor
- 10 ball bearings
- Aluminum handle
- Four models
- Some customers reported that there can be a vibration felt when you hold the rod too close to your torso
Related Post – Best Water Filter For Camping
This reel has a one-piece aluminum frame which is pretty rugged along with an aluminum side plate handle too. The spool is made from machined, ported and anodized aluminum and is equipped with 9 ball bearings which are double shielded, stainless steel. This reel also fits perfectly in your palms giving a good grip for you to hold on comfortably. The control and precision of this reel can be controlled with the help of its adjustable 6 pins centrifugal braking system and it’s highly capable drag system.
Altogether this reel is low stress, easy to operate that is pretty durable and will last longer. At this price range, you’re getting more than what you have paid for.
- Smooth operation
- Is affordable
- Great for Bass and Panfish fishing
- Lightweight to carry
- Brake system adjustment a little hard to adjust
- Few customers have complained that the reel broke after a few years
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We hope you will be satisfied with at least one of the 10 best baitcasting reels under 100 we reviewed today. As it may be difficult to choose from all these baitcasters, one important thing to note down is your personal situation. Each baitcaster is suitable for a particular situation. Therefore do research on the same, not down whether you need a baitcaster for fishing slow, low action fishes or high and fast action ones, also note down the kind of water you’ll be dealing with and most importantly the budget. Happy fishing!