Night vision is a great way to capture the beauty of nature in the dark, but it can be difficult to find a camera that does this. The best night vision camcorders/video cameras for night time videos will have an infrared light and powerful lens so you can see with clarity even at low light levels. You want your video to stand out from all of the others on YouTube or Vimeo. Make sure you pick up one of these 10 best video cameras for night time videos!
There are a number of night vision video cameras available on the market, which allow you to create videos and recordings with good quality and visibility even during the night. They come with many additional features, from high resolution to slow motion, to let you make the best of your recording experience and make beautiful videos.
- 1 Top 10 Night Vision Camcorders/Video Cameras in Budget
- 2 Best Night Vision Camcorders/Video Cameras Reviews
- 2.1 1. SIONYX Aurora Black I Full-Color Digital Night Vision Camera
- 2.2 2. Panasonic 4K Cinema-Like Video Camera
- 2.3 3. Sony FDRAX53/B 4K HD Video Recording Camcorder (Black)
- 2.4 4. Infrared HD Night Vision Monocular
- 2.5 5. SiOnyx Aurora Sport I Full-Color Digital Night Vision Camera
- 2.6 6. SIONYX Aurora I Full-Color Digital Night Vision Camera
- 2.7 7. INQMEGA Solar Battery Powered Outdoor PTZ IP-Camera
- 2.8 8. Video Camera 4K 48MP 18X Digital Camera
- 2.9 9.ALSONE Video Camera Camcorder
- 3 Types of Camcorders/Video Cameras
- 4 Things to keep in mind while buying a night vision camcorders/video cameras
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Conclusion
Top 10 Night Vision Camcorders/Video Cameras in Budget
Best Night Vision Camcorders/Video Cameras Reviews
Here we have compiled a list of some of the best video cameras with night vision and affordable prices, available on the market, along with detailed descriptions and pros-to-cons comparisons for each. This review is meant to help you know which camera is most ideal for you, or to at least let you know what features and points you should check for while browsing for your product.
Designed to be useful in very low light conditions, this camera comes with a powerful night vision sensor, which allows shooting in dim light and in the night mode. It is ideal for long-range viewing and has been rated for use even in near moonless starlight conditions. The ultra-low light IR vision sensor and optics make this camera perfect for people who would like to use it for hunting at night. It can be held in hand, mounted on tripods, and even onto rifles. It is also easily interchanged between the different gear, owing to the presence of a quick-release lever.
It can even be paired with a magnified optic or red dot, to allow for use even in pitch darkness. And this works without having to re-zero your optic or scope. There’s also a recoil-activated capture button. IR Illuminators and lasers can be added to increase brightness. It is fully water-proof and remains functional even after being submerged in 3 feet of water for 30 minutes. It also allows for streaming by easy connection to Android or Apple.
Product Dimensions: 4.6 x 2.5 x 2 inches
Product Weight: 3.52 ounces
- Multipurpose: Can be used as monocular, mounted onto rifles, or onto tripods. Can also be coupled with a magnified optic or red dot.
- Fully water-resistant: Can stand being submerged in 3 feet water for 30 minutes.
- The design and size might not be convenient for some people
Designed by trusted camera brand Panasonic, this model is quite similar to the camcorders we know of. It comes with a 4K resolution display, for stunningly vibrant graphics. It even has the feature of being down-sampled to 1080 pixel Full HD, for those people who do not have the option of 4K display outlets. It comes with in-built creative editing options, including Dolly Zoom, 4K Post Cropping, Stabilisation, Zoom, and Slow Motion or Quick Motion, to allow for a semi-professional experience, when coupled with the Electronic Viewfinder (EVF).
The built-in second twin camera makes recording possible in the picture-in-picture format, while the WiFi link can transfer files to mobiles or laptops for better editing. The LEICA Lens stabilizes the graphics via the 5-axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilisation and has a zoom of 20×. Even the photo quality of this product is excellent, owing to the 4K PHOTO feature. Additionally, the special High Dynamic Range mode reduces the chances of overexposed or underexposed conditions resulting in overly high-contrast images.
Product Dimensions: 3.07 x 2.68 x 6.42 inches
Product Weight: 14.2 ounces
- Comes with excellent 4K resolution, which can be down-sampled to 1080 pixel Full HD
- Has many editing features for a better experience
- Twin camera makes picture-in-picture possible
- At over 14 ounces, this product is quite heavy
- Despite being heavy, the make is not very durable
Sony is well-known for designing good quality products that are meant to last, and this camcorder is no different. The vibrance and clarity provided by the 4K HD resolution are unparalleled, and when coupled with the wide-angle lens (with a zoom of 20× in videos, and a 30× Clear Image Zoom for photos, and the stabilization provided by the Balanced Optical Steady Shot feature), this product ensures perfect shots, every time.
It is fully amicable with night mode recording as well. The in-built Zoom Microphone allows for clearer sounds. It also features a 3 inch LCD screen that is fully Touch-Screen, and WiFi connectivity can be used to transfer files to other devices.
Product Dimensions: 7.44 x 5.91 x 4.25 inches
Product Weight: 2.54 pounds
- 4K HD provides stunningly clear images
- Balanced Optical Steady Shot allows for better shots without blurring
- Users have the option of either manually adjusting shutter speed, or iris size, but not both
- The gain is not controllable. At low gain, even though the noise decreases, the shutter speed falls in order to compensate for the low brightness. This can result in shaking of the camera and subject blurring. However, at high gain, the brightness is more apt for dim scenes, but the noise also increases.
This product is ideal for use in pitch darkness and at night, owing to the Infrared HD Night Vision. It makes use of an Infrared-sensitive CMOS sensor, and is easily hand-held as a monocular, owing to the ergonomic design. This lends it excellent image quality and edge-to-edge resolution.
The 6× Optical Zoom and 5× Digital Zoom further allow for enhanced images, especially when coupled with the powerful 850nm Infrared Illuminator (which can provide illumination up to 350 meters or 1150 feet). The focus can be increased by rotating the front lens and comes in handy when capturing images of wildlife. The WiFi function makes sharing the files onto other devices possible. It also comes with a neck strap, should you get tired of holding it in your hand, and has an SD card of 32 GB. It is also compatible with Sightmark and Bushnell tripods.
Product Dimensions: 7.87 x 3.94 x 2.76 inches
Product Weight: 1.54 pounds
- The infrared Illuminator is powerful and can see up to 350 meters or 1159 feet even in pitch darkness
- The ergonomic and light in weight design makes it easy to hold this product in hand, even for long periods
- The internal screen had been mounted sideways when held vertically. This makes it difficult to see.
- The hand-hold strap is placed on the bottom.
Much like the SIOnyx Aurora, this product is also well-suited for night-mode shooting and has been rated for use even in near moonless starlight conditions. The in-built night vision sensor and good quality optics provide for visibility over the long-range. Apart from being apt for recording, it is also easily used as a hand-held monocular or attached to rifles and bows. This makes it ideal for people who wish to go hunting or trekking at night.
It is fully water-resistant and can go for long hours even in wet climates. It is easily connected to Apple and Android and allows for full-colour live streaming. These can also be coupled with 1060 nm lights or lasers, to provide good visual acuity and clarity. It can even be mounted atop helmets, leaving your hands free.
Product Dimensions: 4.69 x 2.52 x 2.09 inches
Product Weight: 1 pound
- Comes with long-range night vision
- Live streaming possible
- Fully water-resistant
- The viewfinder is very small
- Ideal for low light, not for night view
Another SIONYX product, this camera too, comes with a powerful night vision sensor, which allows shooting in dim light and in the night mode. It is ideal for long-range viewing and has been rated for use even in near moonless starlight conditions. The ultra-low light IR vision makes this camera perfect for people who would like to use it for hunting at night. It can be held in hand, mounted on tripods, it even onto rifles. It is also easily interchanged between the different gear, owing to the presence of a quick-release lever.
It can also be paired with a magnified optic or red dot, to allow for use even in pitch darkness. And this works without having to re-zero your optic or scope. There’s also a recoil-activated capture button. IR Illuminators and lasers can be added to increase brightness. It is fully waterproof and allows for streaming by easy connection to Android or Apple.
Product Dimensions: 10.28 x 7.8 x 4.25 inches
Product Weight: 9.8 ounces
- A recoil-activated capture button allows for quick capture of images
- Fully waterproof
- Hand-held, mounted onto tripods, or even onto rifles
- Doesn’t contain an in-built Illuminator or light
- Optics are not that good compared to other models
This unique camera comes with a 90-degree tilt and a 355-degree pan, to provide for better coverage, with a resolution of 1080 pixels. Since it is recharged by solar energy, it is completely free of any cords and wires. It can be charged during the day, and fully used at night.
It also comes with 7-day free cloud storage, to securely store your data. The full-colour night vision provides high-definition graphics even at night. There are a total of four infrared lights and four bright LED lights, to help you get fully coloured images. The camera automatically switches to night mode when it detected a fall in brightness.
This product is water-proof with the IP66 Weatherproof Guard and comes with snow and dust protection. This ensures a longer-lasting product.
Product Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 5.3 inches
Product Weight: 4.88 pounds
- Fully charged by solar energy, doesn’t need wires
- Fully weatherproof. Water-resistant, dust-proof, snow proof
- Excellent night vision
- This product is not really suited for video recording
Ideal for webcams and vlogging, this product with 4K resolution and Ultra HD graphics. The WiFi compatibility allows easy connection display devices. It also features a digital zoom of 18× and 48.0 Megapixels for pictures. The frame per second rate 30FPS, for a smoother transition. Also, the night mode provides for very clear and high-resolution graphics in black and white, with IR night vision built into this device.
The screen is 3 inches in size and rotates up to 270 degrees. The camera also carries a Face Detection feature, which cancels out chances of face blurring. It also comes with many other editing features, like Motion Detection, Slow Motion, Continuous Shooting, Beauty Function, Face Capture, Self-Timer, Anti-Shaking, and Playback Modes, to provide semi-professional videos.
There’s also a remote control (360 degrees, wireless).
Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 5.5 x 3.5 inches
Product Weight: 0.176 ounces
- Allows for many editing features
- Ultra HD Graphics at 4K resolution
- Comes with a remote control
- Night vision only gives black-and-white shots
- Manual adjustment not possible
This product comes with quite a few in-built features which give it an edge over others. The resolution is 1080 pixels, which is quite good. There is a special Video Capture feature, which allows you to capture video images even as you record, without having to switch modes to the camera.
The SD Card can be kept in the normal working state with the Loop Recording feature, which allows the camera to automatically overwrite old videos and files with newer ones. Or you can change the SD Card, to ensure that all your videos always stay with you. Slow Motion shooting is also possible for getting clearer shots of your subject. The picture resolution is 26.0 mp, and the 3-inch screen is capable of rotating 270 degrees and has an ultra-clear touch screen. External microphones are supported, to enhance recording volume.
The IR Night Vision allows for clear black-and-white images and videos, and WiFi allows for connection to Android. Recording can even be done while charging, and a 1-year warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
Product Dimensions: 4.72 x 1.97 x 2.17 inches
Product Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Allows for capturing video images without having to switch modes
- Recording while charging
- One year warranty
- Image quality is low
- This camera allows for only black-and-white images or videos in night mode
Types of Camcorders/Video Cameras
With the video camera market ever-growing, there is a whole array of different types of video cameras for customers to choose from. Each type of camera has an edge over the other products and is meant for different categories of consumers. Some of the cameras are more ideal for amateur shooting, while others are better suited for professional users and those who love to post magazine-worthy shots and videos on their profiles and portfolios. Here we briefly list some of the different types of video cameras, to help you make a wise choice.
- Digital Camcorders: These cameras are the conventional types that people usually associate with the word video cameras. These are ideal for longer videos, especially of family events and the like, and provide satisfactory quality without being overly difficult to manage. They can record over a variety of platforms, from hard drives to soft drives. The resolution of the newer models is quite good, up to 3-4K.
- DSLR Cameras: These are professional quality cameras, often used by videographers and people who like to invest in their videos. The quality provided by these cameras is unparalleled, and they usually allow for bright, good quality videos even in dim light, without the ugly green tinge.
- Mirrorless Video Cameras: These cameras are more preferable for on-the-go use, and are quite light and portable in nature. They lack the mirror component, and the image sensor detects the light directly through the lens, forming the image on a screen on the user’s side (which is often a touch screen). These cameras are more preferable for amateur users who are just starting out.
- Sports and Action Video Cameras: These cameras are specially designed for recording outdoor activities, especially those at high inclinations. The best thing about them is that they can easily be strapped onto helmets and other gear, to leave the hands free.
- Point and Shoot Video Cameras: These cameras are very light, and are meant for shooting videos without being able to actually see what is recorded since they lack the screen which is present on mirrorless cameras. Nevertheless, they do have a viewfinder, which creates a non-optical image, and the user can come back to the video later to see the recording.
Things to keep in mind while buying a night vision camcorders/video cameras
Before investing in a video camera, there are quite a few things the consumers need to keep in mind, to ensure that they make a wise and informed decision, and get the right value for their money. Here we have compiled some of the basic things that you should definitely check, before sealing the deal. With this, we aim to help you know what features you most desire in your video recorder, to help you make a better deal.
- Know the type of video camera you are looking for: The most important thing is to be aware of the kind of video camera you are seeking, and which will best fulfill your needs. If you are looking for very high-quality recordings and professional-level videos, a DSLR may be better suited for you. But for amateur-level home videos, a regular digital camcorder may suffice.
- Know your budget: Money usually determines how many features and what quality your camera will have. Make sure that the product you’re eyeing comes in your budget range. If you can splurge out some more money, then you may opt for a model with slightly advanced features.
- Check the technical features and camera specs of your product: The video resolution is one of the biggest determinants of the video quality that your camera can provide. Generally, cameras with a resolution below 1080p are not really acceptable these days, and 4K is fast becoming popular. Good quality image sensors always come in handy while recording and gather the ideal amount of light as per the ambient conditions. This becomes especially important while shooting during the night.
- Check what additional features your product offers: Video cameras have many other features apart from the basic necessities, and you may be okay with sacrificing on a few of them, in order to save a few bucks. These features include waterproofing, image stabilization for on-the-move shooting, intuitive controls, better quality microphones, etc. However, you should ensure that your camera has a decent night-mode, to get good quality videos even in the dark.
- Check if you need any additional camera gear: While camcorders are usually needed only on special occasions and for short periods, DSLRs are often needed for full-day use by pros, which requires additional gear like tripods. Sports and action cameras usually need straps, so that they can be attached to helmets or clothes.
- Finally, check the brand of your product: Check if your product comes from a company that has a history of designing good quality products. This can potentially give you an idea about the features and reliability of the product you are eyeing.
In this review, we have compiled some of the best night vision video camera products available on the market, along with detailed descriptions of each. Since each product in this list has some benefits and drawbacks as compared to others, we have also included the pros and cons of each description. We have also included a brief segment on the different types of video cameras, to help you know which type suits you best.
We have also included a Buyer’s Guide to inform you about the features and points you should keep in mind while buying a video camera. Finally, we have even included an FAQ section, to answer some of the most frequent questions buyers have while purchasing video cameras. Make sure to go through this review before you buy your ideal night vision video camera so that you can make an informed choice and get the best value for the money that you pay.