Looking for best portable camping showers? Travelling and camping is enjoyable but that experience is made better only if you have the required gear with you. Proper equipment is a must for every traveler looking for adventure. Camping is fun and enjoyable. It is the perfect getaway from your daily mundane life. You will be able to spend days in the heart of nature and relax with your family or your friends if not alone with only your thoughts.
If you are going on a long camping hiatus then one thing you might be looking for is means to keep yourself clean. A portable shower is one of those things which you would definitely need to take with you. If you are going to camp near a lake then this is not going to be a problem; but more often than not, we do not find lakes or streams to take a bath in.
This is why portable camping showers should be at your disposal. These showers are multi-purpose because they can be used to wash dishes and camping gears easily; these are also very efficient and user-friendly.
- 1 Top 10 Portable Camping Showers For The Money
- 2 Best Portable Camping Showers Reviews
- 2.1 1) Sea to Summit Pocket Shower
- 2.2 2) Triton Hot Water Heater Shower
- 2.3 3) Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower
- 2.4 4) Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower Cum Changing Room
- 2.5 5) Nemo Helio Portable Pressure Shower with Foot Pump
- 2.6 6) Advanced Elements 5 Gallon Summer Shower
- 2.7 7) RinseKit Portable Shower
- 2.8 8) Reliance Products Flow Pro Pressurized Portable Shower
- 2.9 9) Equipt Streamline Portable Camping Shower
- 2.10 10) Jayetec Portable Outdoor Shower Set
- 3 Best Portable Camping Shower Buying Guide
- 4 Different Type Of Showers For Camping
- 5 Things To Consider Before Buying Best Portable Showers
- 6 FAQ’s
- 7 Conclusion
Top 10 Portable Camping Showers For The Money
Best Portable Camping Showers Reviews
This portable shower by Sea to Summit is super compact and easy to use as well. This is a lightweight portable shower system that packs up into a pouch measuring 3 inches x 6 inches. The product weighs only about 4.25 ounces. You will easily get about 8.5 minutes of shower time with the shower head fully open. Its capacity is around 10 liters. The showerhead is contoured and has graduated contours that make it spray water uniformly. The shower has an easy to use twist feature so that you can turn it on or off conveniently.
It also helps you to adjust the water flow according to your preferences. The pocket shower when not in use; may also be used as a sack for carrying clothes and other items or it can also be used as a sleeping bag. The pouch included is small and zippered. This is the ideal solution for showering outdoors. The shower has a 20 feet long cord and has strong D-rings that will help you to hang it up with ease. The bag is made from 70D waterproof and wear-resistant fabric. The seams are fully taped and it also has a roll-top closure.
- Made from waterproof and durable fabric.
- Capacity is around 10 liters.
- Easy to use twist feature.
- 20 feet long cord included.
- Cannot be used to heat up your water in any way.
- The nozzle cannot be detached.
This portable shower and heater system is perfect when you are with your family or friends for a camping trip. This heater and shower system ensures that you will get hot water whenever you need it. You need a water tank and a garden hose to be connected to it; then you can enjoy a warm and relaxing shower absolutely anywhere in the wild! It can produce around 1.5 gallons of hot water per minute.
This is pretty impressive and can even be used to fill up a portable swimming pool. The shower includes an easy-turn garden hose connector and fully adjustable heat and water flow. You can also choose from a number of different settings like mist, shower, and jet. The heater has a carry handle as well and the temperatures can be adjusted over a range. You can easily get around 11 hours of continuous water from one standard LP tank.
The shower hose is 72 inches in length and the burner is rated at 34,000 BTUs. The overall dimensions of the heater are 12 inches x 15 inches x 4 inches. You would require 2 D batteries for power which are unfortunately not included with the heater.
- Portable heater for your showers.
- Produces 1.5 gallons of hot water per minute.
- Different heating and water settings to choose from.
- Long shower hose included as well.
- Requires batteries for power.
- Water must be drained after use.
This is a portable camping shower water bottle attachment. It has been specially designed so that it can easily be attached to water bottles and then used as a makeshift shower. You can use any one or two-liter bottles of water with this. You will not have to carry big shower equipment to get the job done. Usually, the solar showers are heavy and they have a capacity of 10 or more gallons; this can be rather difficult and inconvenient to take with you to places.
All you need to do is simply fill up a bottle and then use this attachment to use it easily. You cannot heat up the water in any way unless you pour warm water that was heated from before or if you can somehow heat up the entire bottle by keeping it under the sun. This shower attachment can also fit your Platypus collapsible bottles and bladders comfortably.
It weighs around 2 ounces and is ideal for backpacking, hunting, camping, kayaking, and almost all of your outdoor adventures. This can be used to clean up gears and utensils along with your pets and give them a bath rather easily. You will get a steady stream of flowing water at your disposal for you to use. The bottle is not included with the product.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easily attaches to any kind of 1 or 2-liter bottle.
- Perfect for outdoor use.
- Can be used to clean utensils and give your pets a bath as well.
- Capacity depends on the size of the water bottle.
- Water cannot be heated in any way unless warm water is poured.
This is a sturdy makeshift tent by Ozark that you can pitch up and use to take a shower. You can easily take a shower in complete privacy. It comes with a divided shower and a changing room; you can conveniently take a bath wherever you may go camping. It is not an instant tent and the set up takes time. But once the tent is set up, it is sturdy and durable.
It is portable but the packed size can be a bit of extra baggage for any people; it weighs around 20 pounds. The shower tent also comes with a pocket organizer so that you can organize and store all your shower products easily. There is also a towel rack and a clothes hanger in the changing room. The tent comes with a solar shower so that you can fill up the bag with water and keep it in the sun to heat up your water. The set up will take around 15 minutes if there are two pairs of hands working at it.
- The shower tent is sturdy and spacious as well.
- It comes with a solar shower.
- The divider between the shower room and changing room.
- There is a pocket organizer and a clothes hanger available.
- The entire thing takes time to set up and is rather difficult.
- The shower tent is pretty heavy as well.
This portable pressure shower by Helio has dimensions of 9 inches by 17 inches. It weighs around 2 pounds and the packed product has the dimensions 5.5 inches x 8.7 inches. The shower bag is made from PU (polyurethane) coated polyester along with neoprene tubing. The capacity is around 2.9 gallons or 11 liters. It uses sunlight to heat up the water and this stays hot for long periods of time because of its superb insulation.
It has been designed with superior user control so it utilizes a hands-free foot pump to provide you with a strong flow of water. This steady pressurized flow is about 5-7 minutes peruse. You can use this pressure shower anywhere and anytime and is ideal for outdoor expeditions. All the included components are stored in a durable and trail-ready carrying case so that you can easily pack it up and take it with you.
The shower has been made so that it can be used for multiple purposes like cleaning up your gear and equipment, cleaning up utensils; it can also be used to give a nice bath to your pets. The hose is 7 feet long.
- 2.9 gallon capacity camping shower.
- The pressurized system will work on any surface; no need to hang it up.
- A flexible 7-foot sprayer hose available.
- Integrated foot pump to provide
- Foot pump must be used with care.
- The Inlet of the bag is rather difficult to close after filling with water.
This portable shower by Advanced Elements is perfect for use outdoors. It has a maximum capacity of 5 gallons of water and is powered by solar energy. You can fill it up with water and then keep it under the sun so that it can heat up your water before you take a bath. It has a 4-ply construction which is PVC free; it comes with a reflector and an insulator panel. It also includes an easy to use showerhead and an extra-large filling valve with a twist cap.
There are Velcro straps present for wash clothes. This portable shower weighs around 1.4 pounds. You can take this portable shower with you anywhere and use it to take a warm and relaxing bath. You can roll up the shower after use so that you can pack it up nice and compact. There is also a convenient pocket with a reflective mirror for you to keep your soap and your shampoo.
- Lightweight and portable.
- The capacity of almost 5 gallons of water; heat it up by keeping it under the sun.
- On/off the showerhead and a large filing valve.
- Pocket and a reflective mirror included as well.
- The hose is not very long.
- Nozzle tends to get jammed with use.
This portable RinseKit shower will provide you with a pressurized spray of water for about three minutes. It can be filled with hot or cold water and then used. It cannot be used to heat up your water in any way. The pressure system can hold up to 2 gallons of water and there is also a spray nozzle with it. This nozzle comes with 7 different shower settings that you can choose from.
It has a folding handle so that you can carry it with ease. This shower system can also be used to rinse surfboards and wetsuits before packing them up. This product is ideal for use in camping adventures and other outdoor activities. It does not use any kind of batteries or a pump to give you pressurized water sprays. The total product weighs around 8.8 pounds. It can be used to clean gear and equipment, clean utensils, and also to give your pets a bath easily.
- Has a capacity of about 2 gallons.
- The nozzle comes with different settings to choose from.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Multi-purpose use.
- Cannot be accessorized with a pressure booster pump.
- Seals might break after prolonged use.
This portable shower by Reliance Products has equipped with a 6 feet long kink-resistant hose and a pressure release valve. It can hold up to 8 liters or 2 gallons of water easily. The pressurized portable shower will provide you with a continuous spray with its trigger action showerhead.
The shower also includes a washable neoprene sleeve along with a mesh pocket that can be used as a storage pouch conveniently. The shower can be moved around easily with the help of a carry strap. It weighs around 3.8 pounds.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Washable neoprene sleeve included.
- The capacity of 2 gallons of water.
- Mesh storage pouch included as well.
- No replacement nozzle is available.
- The handle is not very sturdy and might break.
This portable camping shower by Spy Tec has a high water capacity of about 4 gallons. It is perfect to use outdoors so that you can get a relaxing and rejuvenating shower wherever you go. It is portable, lightweight and can be easily transported from one place to the other.
It is also very easy to set up and dismantle. It does not even take up much space because of its compact size. It can be used both indoors and outdoors and can also be used to was your cars, give your pets a bath, water your gardens and take it with you on your camping adventures.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easy to set up and dismantle.
- Stores 4 gallons of water.
- No need for hanging this up; can be placed on any surface.
- The bucket is not very sturdy.
- Needs the power to operate.
This portable camping shower by Jayetec is ideal for use by everyone who loves to go on outdoor expeditions and camps. It is powered by a 4400 mAh rechargeable battery and can provide you with a nice stream of water that you can use to shower with. It is simple to use and has multi-purpose use. You can use it for giving your pets a bath and also use it to wash your cars easily.
It has long working hours- almost 80 minutes peruse. This shower is strong and convenient to use too. There are LED lights that can help you take a shower at night as well. The different lighting and shower options can be adjusted as per the user’s preferences. There are also two water flow conversion buttons that are perfect to give you the water pressure that you would desire.
The shower is easy to assemble and portable as well; not much hassle in taking it with you wherever you may go. The pack also includes a hook and a suction cup so that you can hang it up quickly and conveniently.
- Lightweight and portable.
- LED lights present too.
- Long working hours.
- Hook and suction cup included as well.
- Water pressure is low.
- The battery needs frequent replacement.
Best Portable Camping Shower Buying Guide
When going to buy a portable camping shower, the following must be kept in mind:
- The kind of portable shower you require and its total water capacity.
- Whether there is an option for you to heat up your water or not.
- The convenience of the portable shower must be kept in mind; the ease with which you will be able to operate it.
- The portability must also be noted.
- The maintenance and storage of the shower when it is not in use.
Different Type Of Showers For Camping
Portable camping showers are of the following types:
Solar-powered– These showers are the cheapest ones and are also very popular. The only thing you need is daylight. This will make our water warm as well. These have black bags made from PVC (polymerizing vinyl chloride) and a hose that is connected to it. The ones that are of a higher range have PVC-free materials. Some of these have capacities of around 2.5 gallons while some others hold 5 gallons and more. These showers cannot be used in the dark as they need sunlight to function. These also tend to take a lot of time to heat up the water.
Battery-powered– These are comfortable to use and are rather useful. The most common type of battery needed in such showers is 4 D cell batteries. Yet, the batteries will depend on the model and the make of the shower itself. These have a hose and a pump from where the water is drawn. These are very portable and good for warming up the water fast. The downside is that you will have to replace the batteries often. Generators may also be used for these kinds of showers.
Propane-powered– Propane-powered models to ensure that you get a home-like feeling every time you shower. These involve burners and coils that aid the warming of the water. You will have hot water ready in minutes and will not have to spend a lot of time waiting for the water to heat up. These models use the same technology as that of stove burners and so BTU ratings are significant. These will determine how fast your warm water will be ready.
Pressure shower– These are showers that use an integrated foot pump to deliver water to you. These are lightweight and have a capacity of around 22 liters. You will be able to enjoy up to 10 minutes of water pressure. Heating up the water here will be a bit difficult as it does not have any easy means for doing so.
If you love camping but hate being without a shower or a bath for days at a stretch; then a portable shower might be the right choice for you, your family, and your friends. It is seen that although portable camping showers are efficient and user friendly, many factors come into play when choosing the one that would suit a person and his needs the most.
These are cost-efficient and very economical as well. We hope that with these products we were able to help you browse for the perfect portable camping shower that will tend to all your needs and give you the perfect experience outdoors!