A number of innovations have made the life of man easier. In fact, there have been advances in the field of traveling too. This facilitates better transportation and thereby greater mobility. In order to increase mobility and enhance transportation on a large scale, road bikes are built up.
Road bikes are basically those bicycles that are specifically designed for traveling and touring or say, racing. The general riding in this bicycle would be equally enjoyable and fun because of the high speed and maximum comfort that these bicycles are equipped with. There are various types of road bikes. Some of these include endurance bikes, aero bikes, gravel bikes, and so on.
Bikes have frames that come in a range of material for versatile use. However, the best among these materials are the carbon fibers. Carbon fiber bikes are those that bikes that have been successful in adopting the benefits of steel and a titanium frame. Carbon bikes are lightweight like titanium ones and are as strong as the steel ones. This ergonomic design and the range of features and specifications these bikes have made them the ideal range of road bikes than any other.
Related post- Top 10 Best Folding Exercise Bike Reviews 2020
- 1 Things To Consider Before Buying Best Carbon Fiber Road Bikes
- 2 BEST ROAD BIKES
- 3 BEST ROAD BIKES
- 4 Buying Guides about Road Bikes:-
- 5 THINGS TO AVOID WHEN PURCHASING A ROAD BIKE:-
- 6 TYPES OF ROAD BIKES:-
- 7 Who Should Buy A Road Bike?
- 8 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- 9 CONCLUSION
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Carbon Fiber Road Bikes
When buying a road bike, the buyer has to consider and look into certain aspects before the buyer can finally make a choice. Some of these things that must be considered for such a purchase are laid out as follows:-
The frame of the bicycle is an essential component. The frame determines the entire use of a bike and therefore, must be considered. The frame material comes in a range of varieties like carbon fiber, titanium, aluminum as well as steel. The best one must be selected for longevity and high-end durability. The frame geometry must be given equal importance. The frame geometry questions the use of the bike, whether for a sport or a general riding, and thereby helps one to choose according to the performance that would be delivered by the product.
A bicycle has a number of components that make it a super built-up product. These components include everything from wheels to drivetrains. The list of components also includes brakes, handlebars, seat post, saddle, and pedals. All of these components must be efficient in their performance and must be considered by the buyer before purchasing the product.
The size of a bike is extremely important to consider because the entire comfort of the rider depends on the same. Moreover, the measurements of the frame size should be comfortable for the rider and must fit in according to the rider’s measurements.
Considering one’s riding goals are extremely helpful while choosing a road bike. There are a variety of bikes, some function as great racing bikes. Others as sports while the next set as touring Bikes. One should choose a bicycle that fits with the rider’s goal, thereby fulfilling the riding goals of the user.
After looking through all aspects, such as features, physical specifications, the functions, one should look through reviews and carefully analyze if the price is worth the value of the product and thereby, finally invest in the product.
Thus, considering these factors would help one to choose the best model of bicycles for themselves.
BEST ROAD BIKES
BEST ROAD BIKES
In order to help our buyers for making the right decision, we have outlined the best road bikes for them to have a little look and then with the help of the review, choose what’s accurate and appropriate for their usage pattern.
#1 The Ridley Noah:-
This road bicycle is considered to be one of the best bicycles. The Noah frame in this bicycle is built a bit heavier. This is because of it consisting of an additional adjustment that exists in its carbon layup. The bicycle comes equipped with an Aero Noah fork. It is designed ergonomically for effective performance. The bicycle consists of 30/24 ton high modulus carbon fibres. This bike allows one to ride faster even in harsh weather conditions, like the extreme wind.
It allows the rider to switch to high speeds as well. The shifter of this bicycle is equipped with the Shimano Ultegra. The brakes also have the Shimano Ultegra component accompanied by itself. The cranks of this bicycle come with a rotor 3D30 Aero. The wheels of this Noah Ultegra bicycle have 4ZA AC45 carbon alloy. The tires of this bicycle feature the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro. The bicycle is accompanied by a stem and this stem features the 4ZA Stratos.
The Seatpost of this bicycle consists of the Noah SL Aero Carbon. The saddle of this bicycle features the 4ZA Cirrus Pro. This bicycle consists of a traditional aero fork. The bicycle has an optimized cable that is responsible for the routing of electronic shifting. The shaped tube in combination with the patented f- surface plus on the downtube along with the Seatpost is designed in such a way that the only aim is to reduce the drag around the frame. This Ridley bicycle comes in red or black colour and it is backed by a warranty period of 1 year.
- This bicycle consists of brakes that help and facilitate faster rides.
- The frame of this bike is made of high modulus carbon fibres.
- It is designed for higher efficiency and increased comfort.
- The bicycle is expensive.
- The wheels of this bike are not compatible with the overall functioning of the model.
#2 The Colnago AXBX 105
The Colnago A2R AXBX Groupset Alloy CX Bike bags the tag of being the most efficient bicycle for the range of specifications it features. This bicycle is an updated and modified version of the Colnago A1R. In this modified model, the construction is advanced. The alloy frame is better constructed, and this better construction provides greater strength. The bike is fitted with super comfortable components. This bicycle is not very heavy thus adding to the convenience of the rider.
The bike has a 6011 alloy frame at the core. It features a Colnago C-RS carbon fork at the front. This fork facilitates for better handling and makes climbing easier. The bicycle is designed to provide the utmost comfort to the rider. This Colnago bicycle is equipped with a Shimano 105 11 Speed drivetrain. The bike has TRP disc brakes and rolling on the wheels for faster and better performance. The efficient built up of this bicycle allows one to easily ride through harsh and extreme weather conditions.
The bike has a high-quality Colnago finishing kit for increased stability and better performance. The wheelset of the bike is made out of the Artemis tires. The saddle of the bicycle features the Prologo KAPPA RS. This bicycle is designed for the utmost comfort and convenience on part of the rider. It comes in various colors, like blue, black, red, and white. This bike has excellent reliability and efficiency.
- The alloy frame of this bicycle provides a better construction, for greater strength and increased stability.
- The bicycle is not very heavy.
- The bike works efficiently and rides fast through any harsh and extreme weather conditions.
- This bike is extremely expensive.
#3 The Savadeck Carbon Road Bike:-
The Savadeck Carbon Road Bike is one of the most outstanding models of road bicycles. It features a range of specifications which makes it powerful. This is a lightweight bike, weighing around 10 kgs. The saddle of this bike is made out of leather and the seat post of the bike has a stiff carbon finish accompanying it. The Shimano speed control components allow the bike to effectively work and be productive and powerful in its performance.
The Shimano speed control helps the rider to start the bike easily with convenience and provides for a smooth ride. The bike operates well and is fairly durable. The seat post and the seat tube of this bike are aerodynamically contoured. The bike has a completely internal cable routing. It ensures a better airflow that allows for the better functioning of the bike. This bike consists of the Michelin Pro 700C*25C. This advanced tire is anti-Gill and hard-wearing. The tire is designed to provide for a low rolling resistance which makes the bike work faster. The wheel size of this bike is near to 700C.
The frame material of this bike is made out of T800 Carbon and the fork of this bike is made up of a rigid carbon type material. The handlebar of the bike is made out of aluminum material. The wheels are also made of aluminium with a rim size of 40mm. The bicycle comes in blue, black, grey, and red color. The packaging consists of a user manual, free pedals, and multipurpose assembling tools along with the model. This bike is ideal for long road trips due to its smooth functioning.
- This bicycle is reliable and durable.
- It is lightweight, functions smoothly for long hours at any weather type.
- It consists of the TORAY carbon fiber frame, fork, and Seatpost.
- This bicycle is too costly.
#4 The Schwinn Volare Wheel Bicycle:-
This Schwinn bicycle is considered to be an ideal innovation for many. It eases up traveling from places to places by smoothly functioning for various hours and delivering mind-blowing performance. This bike, The Volare Wheel Bicycle is worked at a great speed. The bike is lightweight making it easier to fasten up the journey without any fatigue and tiredness. The bike has a Shimano derailleur at the front and the rear. The bike consists of a Shimano 14 speed combination of an integrated shifter and brake.
The braking seems to be crisp. The shifting with this bicycle is smooth and simple without any issues. The bicycle weighs around 30 pounds approximately. The Schwinn tires are oversized. These oversized tires facilitate faster movement of the bike at an increased rate. They allow wheel having a double wall rim adds to the durability and longevity of this bike. The frame set up of this bike is accompanied by the aluminum metal.
The bike features a steel fork for quick and agile riding. The bike is designed better. It is precise in its definitions for an effective outcome. The handlebars of this bike are made up of aluminum metal. The seat post and stem not only increase reliability but also provides for long term longevity. The handlebars are lightweight and therefore ease the gripping potential of the rider. The bicycle comes in matte purple and red color. The bicycle is backed by a warranty period for a lifetime.
- The bicycle provides a long term warranty, thus extending longevity, durability, and reliability.
- The bicycle is lightweight and suitable for a long journey.
- The bicycle functions smoothly.
- The seat of the bike is uncomfortable due to its extremely tough design.
#5 The Savadeck bicycle :-
The Savadeck bikes are used widely due to the excellent features and the splendid performances it displays, thus making these bikes the right choice for many. The bike consists of a Toray T800 frame made up of carbon fibers. The bike is lightweight. The fork and the seat post of the bike are also designed ergonomically, weighing light yet featuring a stiff finish. The speed control of this bike is made to cause extreme convenience to the rider.
The Shimano 105 R7000 2*11 speeds with a shift lever. It uses a front and a rear Shimano derailleur. The efficient speed control helps in easy operation and starting of the bike and it enables the bike to catch high speeds and travel quickly, yet with ease, even in harsh climatic conditions. The shifting becomes smooth and the bike provides long time durability. The bicycle features a continental 25c tire. This tire is anti-gill and hard-wearing.
The tires are equipped with a low rolling resistance that ensures a faster ride. The seat post and the seat tube of these bikes are aerodynamically contoured. The complete internal cable routing enables clean airflow in the bike for the effective running of the vehicle. The tapered head tube increases the stability and rigidity and thereby and helps riders have a better grip on handling. The packaging comes free pedals as well. The bike is available in four colors, such as blue, red, grey, and orange. This bicycle proves to be an ideal choice for many.
- This bike is worth its cost.
- The bike provides smooth shifting, is durable and comfortable.
- The bike has an efficient design and is equipped with reliable features.
- This bicycle proves to be unaffordable for a wide range of people.
#6 The ICAN Triaero :-
This ICAN Triaero Carbon Disc Road Bike consists of an A9 Frameset. This A9 Frameset has its construction done out of a mixture. This mixture is basically a combination of the TORAY 700 and TORAY 800 carbon fibers. The bicycles feature a complete and fully done internal cable routing. This facilitates better maintenance. Moreover, the internal cable routing proves to be helpful for it adds to the safety features of the bike as well.
It also provides increased and better protection to the bicycle. The bicycle also features a hydraulic disc brake. The fork of this bicycle is made out of a rigid carbon type alloy. The rim of the wheel is around 25mm and it is super light and enables faster performance. The bike is equipped with 11 gears. The saddle of this bicycle is made out of carbon. The bike weighs around 8 kgs approximately.
This bicycle comes in various sizes, for instance, 48 cm, 50 cm, 52 cm, 54 cm, and 56 cm. The disk brake is basically a flat mount disc. The inner tubes of this bicycle measure around 60 mm. The manufacturer of this bicycle has a ten-year-old experience in the field of innovations of carbon road bikes and therefore these bikes prove to be an ideal choice for many and are considered widely. This ICAN Triaero Carbon Disc Road Bicycle is backup by a standard warranty period of 2 years. However, this warranty is applicable to the frame and the wheelset only.
- The brakes are better, reliable, and durable.
- The bike ensures smooth and faster rides.
- This bicycle model is lightweight, therefore easy to use and provides better performance.
- The bike is expensive.
- The bike requires a lot of maintenance.
#7 The EuroBike :–
This carbon fiber frame road bike manufactured by Tsmusbike has invented one of the best model features by the EuroBike, a big brand name, well known for its efficient and outstanding products. This bike is precisely designed and styled with a lot of elegance. The bike consists of a special kind of brake which makes the functioning of the vehicle excellent. The EuroBike bicycle features an of dual aluminum caliper brake.
This specification not only makes the bike easy to use but it also proves to be safe and secure. Moreover, such brakes give greater control and grip to the rider, and thus, these bicycles are considered to be way too reliable. The bike weighs around 20 pounds approximately. This further proves that the bike is lightweight and therefore, carrying it or shifting it would not be an issue. In fact, the rider will not have any issue in parking or riding this bicycle since it is not heavier.
The maximum weight that could be easily contained by the bicycle is around 330 pounds. The material out of which the frame and fork are made is the carbon fiber. The seat post is also made out of carbon fibers. The frame size of this bicycle is around 50 cm. The wheel size is that of 700 ccs. The bicycle consists of 18 speed Shimano gears. The rims appear fashionable because of the aluminum finish. This efficient bicycle comes in two colors, red and blue and the installation of the bicycle is easy because all tools are either assembled or complementary to the product.
- Sturdy, durable and reliable product.
- An enhanced gear system for better performance.
- Advanced features and specifications.
- It is affordable.
- The built-in quality is not good.
#8 The ICAN Carbon:-
This ICAN Carbon flat-mount cyclocross bicycle is an advanced innovation in the arena of transportation because of the best physical specifications it features. The Frameset of this bicycle is made out of the carbon fiber T800 materials. The measurements of the fork are somewhat near 15×100 mm. The rear spacing is nearly 12× 142 mm. The flat mount has a diameter of around 160 mm approximately. The bike is equipped with an efficient rear derailleur.
The rim of the bike is made out of carbon and is 50mm deep. The inner tube of the bike measure somewhat near to 60 mm. The tires of this bike feature the Maxxis 700× 38C. This ICAN bicycle is equipped with an SRAM force Groupset. This carbon bike is extremely light. It weighs very low, somewhere near to 10 kgs. Obviously, the low weightage of the bikes adds a benefit to the product for using it becomes easier and simpler. It adds to the convenience of the rider and helps them ride in their comfort zone.
The saddle of this bike is made out of carbon. The material used for the seat post and stem of this bicycle is also carbon. The carbon built handlebar provides the rider to have a comfortable grip and complete control over the bicycle, thus making it efficient for use. This ICAN flat-mount cyclocross disc carbon frame bike is backed up by a standard warranty period of 2 years’ time.
- The bike has an upgraded flat-mount cyclocross disc carbon frame.
- The bike is lightweight, the ride becomes enjoyable and does not imply any pressure upon the rider.
- The bicycle is reliable and safe to use.
- The bike is very costly.
- The bike due to disc frame is more prone to accidents.
- This bicycle requires high maintenance.
#9 The Stradalli:-
This Bicycle has a very powerful overall performance. All the key elements present in this bike are designed keeping in mind the utmost comfort of the users. Every feature and specification of this bicycle is detailed for being simply operated. The frame of this bicycle provides optimum comfort and has options that facilitate any adjustments to be made. The Arm rests and aero bars not only provide durability but also ensures longevity.
The size and the adjustments in the size make this bicycle suitable for almost everybody. The cockpit of this bicycle is constructed to provide a sleek and tidy look. The complete wheelset is made out of entire carbon material and without any other metals. The carbon masks protect the wires thus making the bicycle safe and secure. This adds to the reliability of the bicycle. The direct mount cockpit system of the bike allows increased accessibility.
The BB30 bottom bracket available in the bicycle provides easy service to the product. The front end construction of this bicycle hides the wires and cables, and thus, provides all critical parts and crucial elements from corrosion. The entire bicycle has pure and high-quality carbon material comprising it. The bicycle consists of the Ultegra Di2 8050 Groupset. The wheelset is completely made out of carbon. This bicycle is backed up by a standard warranty period of 2 years.
- This bicycle has a comfortable handle, making the grip easier.
- This bicycle is durable, reliable, safety featured
- It allows the user to have complete control of the bicycle, thus making its functioning easy.
- The bicycle is extremely expensive. Moreover, the running costs and maintenance are high too.
#10 The Savadeck:-
The Savadeck bicycles are efficiently designed for a great outcome and better performance. This bicycle is an appropriate choice for many riders. The frame of this bicycle is made of Toray T800 carbon fibres. The fork, seat post, handlebar, and wheelset are all ergonomically designed for better operations. This stiff carbon is extremely lightweight. It weighs around 9 kgs approximately.
The bicycle is designed to offer increased compliance. The Shimano 105 Groupset, shifter levers, front, and the rear derailleurs. V- brakes, freewheels all in combination allow better operation, facilitate easy to start mechanisms. Moreover, this makes the bicycle durable and initiates the smooth shifting of the product. The saddle is also made of carbon fibers entirely. The tire of this bicycle features the Continental Ultra Sport 2 Wire 700× 25C. The bike consists of a 50mm carbon-bearing wheelset. The seat post and seat tube are aerodynamically contoured in this product.
The tapered head tube provides extreme rigidity and increased stability, it also provides the riders a better handle and thereby stronger grip over the bicycle. The fork, the wheelset, handlebar, and the Seatpost are lightweight yet these have a very stiff finish. These bicycles have anti gill and hard-wearing tires. Moreover, the tires are equipped with lesser rolling resistance features. This facilitates faster fun and enjoyable running speed and helps in simple operations. The packaging of this bicycle comes with complimentary free pedals as well. This bicycle is black and comes in different combinations of red, grey, yellow, and white. This bicycle is considered as one of the best carbon road bikes.
- This bicycle is versatile, it is durable and reliable.
- The bicycle is made with the utmost comfort and safety features for the users.
- This bike is extremely expensive.
Check out our article on Top 10 Best Carbon Fiber Road Bike In 2020 Reviews
Buying Guides about Road Bikes:-
Buying a road bike is a big-time investment. This purchase entails not only expensive but requires high maintenance and continuous serviceability. Therefore, it is essential to consider various guides before buying a road bike. Some of these guidelines are outlined as follows:-
- FRAME MATERIAL:- The frame of a bicycle is the most essential component of the product. Fifty percent of the cost of a bicycle depends on the frame of the bicycle. It is very important to choose a correct and strong styled frame for the bicycle. The materials range from aluminum to steel, as well as titanium and carbon fibers. One must consider the best and the most dominant frame for their bicycle.
- SIZE:- Picking up a right-sized bike is extremely crucial when buying a bicycle. The bicycle must not be extremely big or very small in its dimensions. Rather, the measurements should be in accordance with the rider’s height to avoid complexities while riding. Moreover, one should also consider the capacity of a bike while considering the size.
- BRAKES:- One should consider the kind of brakes, say disc brakes meant for mountain bikes or the traditional rim brakes. The disc brakes are a lot more powerful. The rim brakes on the other hand, are aerodynamically contoured and constructed at the lighter end. The choice of the brake is therefore extremely important for it determines the control and grip over the bicycle.
- ACCESSORIES:- The bicycles are equipped with extreme kinds of parts and accessories that are detailed since these perform crucial functions to add to the productivity of a bicycle. The accessories to be considered include the chainrings, that come in compact, standard, and Tripple types. It also focusses on various other components such as the gears, the seat, the handlebars. All of these must be considered for a better and profitable purchase.
- RESEARCH:- The most important and necessary guideline is research and review. Before buying a product, one should research a variety of models of the specified product. Moreover, the budget should fit in with the specifications and features that the bicycle is comprising of. One should carefully analyze and research in order to pick a perfect piece.
Thus, buying a road bike by following the aforementioned guidelines would be useful and lead one to make an appropriate choice without any regrets in the long run.
THINGS TO AVOID WHEN PURCHASING A ROAD BIKE:-
Just as considering various aspects becomes essential to purchase a product, one should avoid a few things in order to make the best purchase. These things that could be avoided and would rather better the purchase are outlined as follows:-
- BRAND:- One should not be too rigid and fussy when considering the brand of a bicycle. It is very much obvious that all brands do not ensure all great features, we should not go for a brand that has a greater reputation but for one that suits us the most in all aspects. Hence, choosing the brand should be flexible or rather must be avoided.
- ACCESSORIES:- A bicycle usually comes with a variety of accessories. This may include anything, from free pedals to spare tubes. If the bike is a value for money, fulfills the riding goals, and has every component that helps it bag the tag of being the best vehicle, the accessories must be avoided.
- ENGAGING THE SALESPERSON:- One must not engage the salesperson all the time because every question and doubt can be answered through various sources. Reading reviews of people, researching through various modes can enlighten one on making the best purchase. The salesperson and their behavior and attention must not be a criterion in the selection of the bike.
Thus, taking lightly and avoiding these factors would help one in making the correct decision.
TYPES OF ROAD BIKES:-
There are various types of road bikes. One should review through all and then make an inference on which one suits the rider’s needs. Some of these road bikes are as follows:-
- Race bikes:- The race bikes emphasize on speed more than comfort. These bikes are lightweight, making it’s easier for the rider to enjoy the ride. The gearing setup is high and these bikes are very efficient. These are extremely helpful for racing and speed thrills.
- Gravel bikes:- The gravel bikes are a recent and advanced addition to the list of road bikes. These bikes can function smoothly for a long time at a stretch at any weather conditions and on all road types. Although they are not very speedy in their functionality, these bikes are designed with extra comfort for the rider. These bikes are great for general riding.
- Time Trial or Triathlon Bikes:- These bikes are designed for higher speed and powerful performance. These bikes are extremely efficient. The speed allows the bike to get through any climatic conditions, even the harsh wind blowing off can be easily tackled too. These bikes are aerodynamic features and have a stylish designer look. These bikes are extremely helpful in delivering high speed.
- Endurance Bikes:- The Endurance bikes are also known as the sportive bikes. These bikes are extremely lightweight yet function in the most powerful way. They are designed ergonomically and most conveniently. These bicycles are super comfortable. The endurance or sportive bikes are the traditional racing bikes. These bikes can run smoothly in harsh conditions, weather, and road types both for long hours.
- Aero Bikes:- These bikes are ideal on longer and plain areas. These bikes are a modified and updated version consisting of all aerodynamic features. These bikes have a deep section of wheels and save time due to the increased speed. These bikes are racing bikes at mid to high speeds, however, these weigh heavier.
- Commuter Bikes:- These commuter bicycles are extremely durable and comfortable. Wheels of the bike are strong enough and ensure longevity. These bikes have disc brakes and the weight is average. These bikes are capable of running smoothly even in the presence of harsh wind blowing. These bikes are extremely efficient and reliable.
- Touring Bikes:- These bikes are built with added convenience. They are capable of carrying heavy loads and run smoothly to long distances. This bike is on an overbuilt bike with tough wheels and a high-quality frame. The bike weighs heavy but it is comfortable. These bikes are great for you and traveling for long distances.
Who Should Buy A Road Bike?
A Road Bicycle is a quite expensive purchase. It not only calls for a lot of initial costs but the costs, in the long run, are too much as well. These bikes require a lot of maintenance and care. Therefore, these bikes are not meant for everyone. Only those people who have their goals fitting into buying a road bike must enroll themselves in such a transaction.
These bikes are meant for people who have a passion for riding. It is meant for that category of individuals who require to travel a lot. These bikes fit for those people who love riding to long distances and don’t see bikes as fatigue but as an adventure. These bikes are for people who are into racing as well.
Thus, these bikes are a perfect purchase only for a particular set of audience and should be an appropriate choice for them alone.
Every product, no matter how efficiently designed, has its own pros and cons. The statement stands true for these road bikes as well. The Advantages and Disadvantages of these road bicycles are laid down as follows:-
- A road bike is built-in with the utmost comfort. It is ergonomically designed. These bikes prove to be an advantageous choice for many.
- These bikes are built in a very strong and tough format. However, these are lightweight. This combination makes them an excellent vehicle.
- These bikes are suitable for racing as well as long time traveling.
- Bikes usually are speedy and run smoother in comparison to other vehicles.
- Riding bikes require a lot of energy and pressure at the muscles which might cause fatigue to the rider.
- These bikes do not have a good storage capacity in comparison to cars.
- No matter how much conveniently designed, these bikes have a tough built up and that may at times cause discomfort to the rider.
- Riding through harsh weather conditions and on poorly constructed roads becomes risky when traveling a bike.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Various people have clarified their doubts before making a purchase for themselves. Some of their questions which would prove to be helpful to all our buyers are as follows:-
- Can the polish of the bicycle be changed?
This depends from brand to brand. However, it might be possible.
- Do all bicycles allow test drives?
Unless ordered online, a test drive is a facility provided by all brands for all their models.
- Can the color of the bike be customized?
Yes, various colors are available for different brands. Colour customization is also available.
- Can I buy the frame only?
Yes, it is possible to buy the frame alone.
Thus, road bikes are a great innovation. They make traveling and transportation easier. However, one should look through all factors and once analyzed, the buyer must make a wise decision and choose the best model.